If you’re a hardcore gamer, or just want the best gaming experience possible, then you may be considering purchasing a 4K 120Hz monitor. Extremely high resolution and refresh rates can be found on these monitors, but they don’t come cheap.
Difference between 120Hz and 60Hz monitors
- Top 3 Best 4k 120hz Monitor for Ps5
- how to set 120 Hz monitor setting
- Acer Predator XB273K Gpbmiipprzx 27″
- LG 32GK650F-B 32″ QHD Gaming Monitor with 144Hz Refresh Rate
- ASUS ROG Strix 27″ 4K HDR DSC Gaming Monitor (XG27UQ)
- LG 27GN950-B 27 Inch UHD (3840 x 2160)
- Dell S2721QS 27 Inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Ultra-Thin Bezel Monitor
- ASUS VP28UQG 28″ Monitor 4K/UHD
The number of hertz, or Hz, refers to the speed at which your monitor can update the image on its display. The higher the number, the faster it can refresh. A 120Hz monitor refreshes at twice the standard 60Hz rate and will provide a smoother experience while watching movies or playing games.
Top 3 Best 4k 120hz Monitor for Ps5
how to set 120 Hz monitor setting
A 120 Hz monitor is capable of displaying images at a faster rate. When the display’s refresh rate is set to 120Hz, the monitor refreshes the screen at twice the typical 60Hz rate. A fast-moving object will appear smoother and any flaws such as tearing or stuttering in a video will be less noticeable.
Acer Predator XB273K Gpbmiipprzx 27″
The Acer Predator XB273K Gpbmiipprzx 27″ is a high-end gaming monitor that features an IPS panel and a refresh rate of 144Hz.
The Predator XB273K is a monitor with an IPS panel, which has improved viewing angles, higher color accuracy, and better color accuracy. The best feature of this monitor is the refresh rate of 144Hz which provides smoother, sharper graphics for gaming.
- 27" UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) Widescreen IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Display
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz (OverClocking to 144Hz) - Using 2 Display Ports
- High Brightness and Contrast with VESA Certified DisplayHDR 400
- DCI-P3 90% Wide Color Gamut; Optimize colors with quantum dot technology; No color difference with Delta E
- Ports: 2 x Display Port v1. 4, 2 x HDMI v2. 0 and 4 x USB 3. 0 Ports (Display Port and USB Cable Included)
LG 32GK650F-B 32″ QHD Gaming Monitor with 144Hz Refresh Rate
This monitor is a great option for gamers who want a monitor that will allow them to play at 144Hz and never miss their opponents.
The LG 32GK650F-B 32-inch QHD Gaming monitor is the best choice for gamers as it has a 144Hz refresh rate, which allows fast refresh rates. It also has an AMD FreeSync technology, which makes for smooth gameplay without distracting screen tearing or stuttering.
- QHD resolution; Watch games come to life with vibrant QHD clarity and detail; The precise 2560 X 1440 resolution and impressive 31.5 inches screen size combine for a thrilling, immersive gaming experience
- Radeon freesync technology: Reduces the tearing and stuttering that occur between a graphic card's frame rate and a monitor's refresh rate enabling smoother motion and less stuttering in games
- 144 Hertz refresh rate: Games played on this monitor are noticeably smoother and clearer when compared to game play on monitors with refresh rates of 60 Hertz or 75 Hertz
- Advanced gaming Features: Dynamic action sync assures smooth, action while black stabilizer reveals enhanced detail in dark scenes; The crosshair feature enhances accuracy in FPS games. Brightness 350(Typ) cd/m²
- Virtually Borderless: The ultra-thin bezel on 3 sides of this streamlined display offers a virtually borderless visual experience; A sleek addition to any desktop
- Display technology: LCD
ASUS ROG Strix 27″ 4K HDR DSC Gaming Monitor (XG27UQ)
This monitor is designed to provide gamers with a cinematic gaming experience. The monitor is equipped with FreeSync, which eliminates the screen tearing that can occur when there are discrepancies between the graphics card and monitor.
One of the new features that ASUS has included in the XG27UQ is a quantum dot panel, which enables it to deliver more natural colours as well as improved brightness and contrast ratios.
The ASUS ROG Strix 27″ 4K HDR DSC Gaming Monitor (XG27UQ) is an excellent choice for those who want to make their gaming experience more immersive without spending over $1,000 on a gaming PC and graphics card.
- 27-inch 4K (3840x2160) IPS gaming monitor with 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms (MPRT) for super-smooth gaming visual
- Supports Display Stream Compression (DSC) Technology for transporting ultra-high definition video streams across a single interface at high speed with no perceptible loss of visual quality.
- High dynamic range (HDR) technology with DisplayHDR 400 certification and 125% sRGB / 90% DCI-P3 professional color gamut ensures exceptional contrast and color performance
- Adaptive Sync delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience (G-SYNC Compatible in application process)
- Robust Connectivity with HDMI (v2.0) x2, DisplayPort 1.4 x2 ports
- ASUS Eye Care technology with TÜV Rheinland Certification for Flicker-free and Low Blue Light technology to minimize eye fatigue and 4-way ergonomic stand (tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustable) to ensure a comfortable viewing
LG 27GN950-B 27 Inch UHD (3840 x 2160)
LG 27GN950-B is a great monitor for use in graphics and video editing.
The LG 27 GN950-B compact display is a great investment for people who are looking for an affordable monitor with an edge to edge screen and a slim bezel. It also features a 27 inch, 4K UHD display which has the ability to display highly detailed graphics and videos.
This monitor has an IPS panel which makes it one of the best in its category when it comes to viewing angles and color reproduction. The AH-IPS panel offers wide viewing angles up to 178 degrees horizontally and vertically without compromising on picture quality or brightness level.
- 27” UHD (3840 x 2160) Nano IPS Display
- IPS 1ms (GtG) 144Hz with VESA DSC Technology
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible with AMD FreeSync Premium Pro
- DCI-P3 98% with VESA DisplayHDR 600
- 4-side virtually borderless display
Dell S2721QS 27 Inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Ultra-Thin Bezel Monitor
The Dell 27-inch monitor is a great choice for a home office or professional workspace. It offers a curved screen and 4K UHD resolution. The screen has an ultra-thin bezel and an IPS panel for accurate colors and viewing angles. The monitor is VESA Mount compatible with the appropriate mounting bracket (sold separately).
The Dell 27-inch monitor offers a full range of advanced features needed to enhance the home office or professional workspace. From its curved screen to its 4K UHD resolution, this monitor has it all. With its ultra-thin bezel, this monitor will enhance any space it’s in with its sleek design while still providing vibrant color accuracy with its IPS panel.
- A stunning view: The three-sided ultrathin bezel design in 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution lets you enjoy immersive viewing in incredible clarity and fine detail with 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Supports HDR content playback for a more lifelike visual experience. It's not curved screen.
- Beautiful look: Modern, elegant design with a subtle textured pattern at the back of the monitor has its own unique look. It brings the feeling of a harmonious blend of great style and quality into every living space.
- Leisure gaming: Smooth, tear-free experience with AMD FreeSync technology
- Get the flexibility for all-day comfort with height adjustable stand, tilt, swivel & pivot features
ASUS VP28UQG 28″ Monitor 4K/UHD
Asus VP28UQG is a 28-inch 4K/UHD monitor with a borderless design. It has a TN panel display, which is perfect for gamers. It comes with Nvidia G-sync technology, and has 1ms response time and 144hz refresh rate.
The Asus VP28UQG is the perfect monitor for gamers. Its TN panel ensures that it provides a fast response time and refresh rate. It also has Nvidia G-sync, which eliminates screen tearing while gaming without adding any input lag to your gameplay experience. The Asus VP28UQG also has the ASUS Eye Care Technology, which lessens eye fatigue from long hours of gaming or watching videos on the internet.
- 28 inches 4K/UHD (3840 x 2160) with 1ms response time and Adaptive Sync/AMD Free Sync for immersive, crisp visuals featuring Display Port and dual HDMI connectivity; Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 170°(H)/160°(V). HDCP : Yes
- ASUS Eye Care technology lowers blue light and eliminates flickering to reduce eyestrain and ailments. Display colors is 1073.7 M 10 bit and maximum contrast ratio is 1000 : 1. It can allow a Adaptive Sync/Free Sync supported graphics source to dynamically adjust display refresh rate based on typical content frame rates for power efficient, virtually stutter free and low latency display update
- 5 Way OSD joystick delivers intuitive monitor controls so you can access features such as ASUS Game Plus on the fly. Digital signal frequency for display port is 120 to 120 KiloHertz horizontal, 40 to 60 Hertz vertical. Hdmi signal frequency is 24 to 99 KiloHertz horizontal, 40 to 60 Hertz vertical
- Compliance and Standards EAC logo, Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, FCC, PSB, PSE, RoHS, TCO7.0, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7), RCM, TUV Flicker free , TUV Low Blue Light
- Exclusive Game Plus and Game Visual settings enhance color performance and control. ASUS Rapid Replacement 3 years warranty service. Tilt : -5 degree Plus-20 degree. Brightness(Max) : 300 cd
Do you need a 4K 120Hz monitor for PS5?
Without a doubt, you need a 4K 120Hz monitor for PS5. To get the best experience on it, like gaming, video editing and photography, you need to make sure that the monitor can support this resolution.
The existence of such high-resolution monitors makes it easier for people to make content that is engaging and compelling. This is not only beneficial for gamers but also for those who are working in content production fields such as cinematography or photography.
The contrast ratio of these monitors has been increased significantly from before and they now provide deeper blacks and better color gradients. The viewing angles were also improved significantly too so it’s much easier to share content on them with others nearby.
Is 120Hz monitor good for PS5?
120Hz monitor can be advantageous for playing games. The higher frame rate will make the movements more fluid and lifelike.
The PS5 will most likely not be able to run on a 120Hz monitor due to power limitations. However, it is still possible, as there are some games that don’t require much hardware power to run.
120Hz monitors are commonly found on gaming PCs but they have started making their way into the console world as well. Sony has introduced a 120Hz mode in Playstation 4 Pro which can be enabled from the System Settings menu.
Do you need a 120Hz monitor for 120fps PS5?
The PS5 will have lower resolutions than the PS4, which means that you may not benefit from a 120Hz monitor.
The Playstation 5 will have 1080p resolution, which means that it has a higher pixel density than the PS4 Pro. This is likely to push the frame rate down under 60fps, meaning that a 120Hz monitor is unlikely to offer any benefits over 60Hz.
Can PS5 handle 4K 120fps? EXPLAIN
Sony has not yet released any specs for the PS5, but it is widely assumed that the console will have an 8-core AMD Ryzen CPU. This CPU can handle 4K gaming at 120fps.
Although Sony has not revealed any information about the PS5’s hardware specifications, it is widely speculated that the console will come equipped with an eight-core AMD Ryzen CPU. This type of processor can easily handle 4K gaming at 120 frames per second.
Which Gaming Monitors are best for PS5?
Monitors are the most important component of a gaming PC. They are the hardware that displays what the player is experiencing in the game. A monitor has to display high-quality images and comfortable viewing angles while delivering accurate colors and high refresh rates.
So, which gaming monitors are best for PS5? There are a lot of options on the market but there’s only one or two that can deliver all these features in a single package. As we saw with Xbox One X’s list of supported monitors, you’ll need to find a monitor that offers resolutions at 4K or higher and has low input lag.
There is also an issue with HDR support for PS5 games, so make sure to get a monitor that is HDR10 compatible.